- These general competition terms and conditions (the “Terms“) apply to any promotion, prize draw or competition (a “Competition“) operated by Baldwin Jewellery including competitions advertised in the press, or other, via the Baldwin Jewellery website or through any other medium including on any social media websites such as Facebook or Twitter.
- These Terms, along with any Supplementary Rules (as defined in section 2 below) shall be legally binding on you when you enter and/or participate in any Competitions.
- By submitting an entry to any Competition you are agreeing to these Terms and any Supplementary Rules and you warrant that you have legal capacity to enter into and agree to be bound by these Terms and any Supplementary Rules.
- All Competitions will be supplemented by some additional terms and rules that apply to that specific Competition, which we will also make available on our website or any third party websites that are used to advertise a Competition from time to time such as Facebook or Twitter (the “Supplementary Rules“).
- The Supplementary Rules are hereby incorporated into and form a part of these Terms.
- The Supplementary Rules shall set out:
- From XXXX until XXXX the opening and closing date for that Competition;
- details of all prizes for that Competition including whether any additional third party terms apply to those prizes or not;
- details of how to enter;
- details of how the winner will be selected including any relevant judging criteria;
- any specific eligibility criteria that applies to that Competition;
- if multiple entries are permitted, and
- any other additional terms that apply to that Competition.
- In the event that there is any conflict between these Terms and the Supplementary Rules then the Supplementary Rules will prevail.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Supplementary Rules, all Competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom and entrants must be either resident in the UK and be aged 18 or over.
- Competitions are not open to any employees of Baldwin Jewellery or any third parties who are connected to the Competition or, in each case, any members of their immediate families (including their spouse, parents grandparents, children, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and cousins).
- Any winners of a prize in any Competition with a value of more than £100 (as determined by Baldwin Jewellery in its reasonable discretion) are not eligible to enter any further Competitions for a period of 28 days from the date such prize was awarded to them.
- Baldwin Jewellery reserves the right to require proof that an entrant meets the eligibility requirements for any Competition. Failure to provide proof of the eligibility requirements may result in disqualification from a Competition and the forfeit of any prizes awarded.
- If any specific Competition only permits one entry per person you agree that you will not submit multiple entries.
- Any other specific eligibility requirements that apply to a particular Competition will be set out in the Supplementary Rules.
How to enter
- All Competitions are free to enter. Details of how to enter a particular Competition will be set out in the Supplementary Rules.
- Please note that your mobile or telephone service provider may charge you for any Competition entries you make by phone or by text.
- Entries must be correctly submitted by the closing date of the Competition. Baldwin Jewellery accepts no responsibility for any entries or information that is incomplete, incorrectly submitted or fail to reach us by the closing date for any reason.
Participation in ‘on air’ Competitions
- Some competitions may have an ‘on air’ competent, such as requiring entrants to answer questions via telephone either during a live broadcast or as part of a recording to be broadcast at a later date.
- You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions of Baldwin Jewellery in relation to your participation in any such on-air Competitions.
- If you have been selected to participate in a live or recorded broadcast you acknowledge that you will be required to be available to participate at a specified time notified to you in advance. Baldwin Jewellery cannot be held responsible for any failure on your part to be available at the specified time for any reason including if due to any failure of your telephone network or communications equipment.
- In the event that you are not available to take part in such on-air Competitions at the specified time we reserve the right to permit another entrant to participate in the on-air Competition.
- In the event that you participate in a live or recorded broadcast:
- you warrant that you will not say anything which is defamatory, illegal, obscene, or offensive or otherwise act in a way that is likely to cause harm to or damage the reputation of Baldwin Jewellery during your participation in such on air Competition; and
- you acknowledge that to the extent that any performance rights or similar apply to your participation in such broadcast you hereby waive all such rights to the fullest extent permitted by law and you consent to Baldwin Jewellery making full use of your participation in any such on air Competitions including by broadcasting or otherwise making the same available to the public without any further payment to you of any kind.
- Details of prizes for specific Competitions will be announced on the website, on social media, on air and/or set out in any Supplementary Rules that apply to a particular Competition.
- Prizes may be provided by our third party partners. Baldwin Jewellery cannot be held responsible and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law accepts no liability for any prizes that are defective in any way or do not meet your expectations or requirements.
- Where prizes are awarded by third parties you acknowledge and agree that additional third party terms and conditions may apply in respect of such prizes. We will stipulate in the Supplementary Rules whether any third party terms and conditions apply to any prizes for that Competition. You acknowledge that prizes are awarded subject to your acceptance of any such third party terms and conditions and Baldwin Jewellery reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant should you refuse to accept them.
- All prizes are subject to availability. Baldwin Jewellery reserves the right to replace any prize with an alternative of equal or higher value (including a cash award) at any time in its absolute discretion.
- Any failure on the part of the winner to meet the eligibility requirements set out in these Terms or the Supplementary Rules may result in the winner forfeiting their entitlement to a prize and you hereby acknowledge that in such circumstances, Baldwin Jewellery shall be entitled to offer the prize to another entrant.
How winners are selected
- The exact method for selecting winners of our Competitions may vary depending on the nature of the Competition. Unless we have stipulated a different mechanism for selecting the winner in the Supplementary Rules the winner shall be selected by a random prize draw.
- Any decision by Baldwin Jewellery in relation to how the winner to any Competition is selected shall be final.
Notification of winners
- Competition winners will be notified by email (to the email address given by the individual when entering the competition) unless specified otherwise in the supplementary rules.
- If Baldwin Jewellery cannot contact the winner or the winner does not complete any steps that may be required by Baldwin Jewellery to accept the prize within a reasonable period of time, Baldwin Jewellery reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
- The names of any Competition winners and the approximate area that such winners are resident may be announced either on-air or published on the Baldwin Jewellery website or any other website or social media pages where a Competition has been advertised. By submitting an entry to any Competition you agree to the publication or broadcast of your name and where you are resident in this way.
- By submitting your entry and agreeing to these Terms you hereby grant Baldwin Jewellery a perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable worldwide and royalty free licence to use your entry, including any intellectual property rights that may subsist in your entry for the purposes of the administration and promotion of the relevant Competition.
- For the avoidance of doubt you shall retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that may subsist in any Competition entries that you submit to us.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- all material and content included in any entry you submit to any Competition is either owned by you, or you have the permission of the owner such that our use of your entry in the Competition will not infringe the rights of any third party; and
- you agree to indemnify Baldwin Jewellery against any third party claims arising from the submission of your entry to any Competition (which means you will be responsible for any losses or damage that Baldwin Jewellery suffers as a result of any such third party claims).
- Baldwin Jewellery makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the nature or quality of any prizes which are provided. All prizes are provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Baldwin Jewellery accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant as a result of entering any Competition or accepting any prize which shall be entirely at your own risk, provided that nothing in these Terms shall exclude Baldwin Jewellery ’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- If you breach these Terms or any Supplementary Rules, or if Baldwin Jewellery considers in its reasonable discretion that you have acted in a way that may bring Baldwin Jewellery into disrepute or is otherwise inappropriate, Baldwin Jewellery may disqualify you from any Competition and you will be ineligible to win any prizes awarded in connection with such Competition.
- Baldwin Jewellery may in its absolute discretion cancel or amend any aspect of any Competition without prior notice if it considers it necessary to do so, although Baldwin Jewellery will use reasonable endeavours to avoid changing any Competition that has already started in a way that disadvantages any entrants who have already submitted their entries.
- Baldwin Jewellery may change these Terms at any time without notice to you.
- These Terms do not create or infer any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not party to them.
- If Baldwin Jewellery decides not to exercise or enforce any right that it has against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent Baldwin Jewellery from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
- If any part of the Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court or regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
- These Terms, including their subject matter and formation, are governed by English law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, save that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland or Scotland you may also bring proceedings in the jurisdiction in which you are resident.
Terms and conditions – Supplementary Rules
The Jewellery SoS competition is open to all UK based jewellery owners and entrants must be either resident in the UK and be aged 18 or over. It is not open to people outside the UK, you have to be able to visit our shop. By registering and entering the Jewellery SoS competition (the Competition) you hereby accept the rules and conditions outlined below.
Anyone over 18 years of age can enter the competition with the exception of employees of the Baldwin Jewellery, their associated companies and employees of any company chosen to sponsor prizes for the competition. Judges are not permitted to enter into the competition.
By entering the Competition, you agree and acknowledge that the Baldwin Jewellery is permitted to receive your registration data.
Baldwin Jewellery may publish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to it or to the website at its sole discretion and it shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
Any image and description submitted to the competition may be used by the Baldwin Jewellery , and its media partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of the competition only. You hereby grant the Baldwin Jewellery a non-exclusive, irrevocable license in each entry throughout the world in all media for any use in connection with the competition.
All shortlisted Entries will be published online on baldwinjewellery.com
Only color photographs will be accepted to the contest. Black and white images (including toned images) will be disqualified.
Entry must be submitted online at the following website: baldwinjewellery.com following the on-screen instructions carefully. Hard copies, print-outs or prints are not accepted. There is no limit to the number of individual images each entrant may submit.
Files must meet the following specifications:
Format: JPEG, GIF, PNG
Under 3MB per image
Winning Entrants who do not fulfill these eligibility criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified without the right to appeal.
All entries must be owned by the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole copyright owner of all material entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries (or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured). Further, the entrant must not have breached any laws when taking images or preparing materials for entry.
Winners’ names, entries and images will be published online. You can choose to have your name and location anonymised to Firstname Town.
Copyrights & Usage Rights
Copyright of entries and images will remain at all times with the entrant/photographer.
For awarded images, copyright holders grant the Baldwin Jewellery unlimited non-exclusive use of images for activities in all media, including social media, online and print and press, in relation to the contest and all promotional activities without any remuneration being due.
Copyright holders of all awarded images grant the Baldwin Jewellery non-exclusive use of low-resolution pictures on our website, without any remuneration being due.
Images will be used strictly in connection to the awards and will not be used for any other marketing purposes other than to promote the contest and Winners. Images will not be resold or used by any other third party. If there is a request for such, we will forward that request to the photographer via e-mail.
To promote winners of the competition Baldwin Jewellery is granted the right to display images on social network websites including: Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and images for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in connection with the competition without additional compensation.
Baldwin Jewellery and its media partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse by external third parties.
Any photograph used by the Baldwin Jewellery shall carry a credit line.
Baldwin Jewellery will either repair, renovate or remake a single piece of jewellery submitted. All material and labour costs involved in this process will be covered by Baldwin Jewellery.
An initial shortlist of 6 will be judged and selected by Baldwin Jewellery to be committed to a public vote to take place on social media for the winner to be chosen within a definite timeline.
Entries will be judged by nominated judges. Entries will be judged on their qualifying criteria. The decision of Baldwin Jewellery is final.
Public vote on website is limited to one entry per person
Personal Data & Cookies
We take care with your personal data. As part of our commitment we offer you: access to your personal information, correction of your personal information, erasure of your personal information, right to be forgotten. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.